Everyone at Essential Gear Products took the Personality Type Test and we were all surprised by our own results, but not surprised by our co-workers’ results! We had lots of fun and laughs and so will you.
How to Take a Personality Test
Here are some tips on how to take a personality test:
- Be yourself. Base your answers on your natural, core self more than how you’ve learned to act in specific circumstances – for example, when you’re freely doing whatever you want versus being at work.
- Be centered. It’s best to take the test when you’re in a relatively normal (for you) mood. Your emotional state, whether positive or negative, can affect how you answer the questions.
- Avoid distractions. Take the test when you’re not preoccupied with personal thoughts, life events, things in your immediate environment, etc. It’s best to focus and not rush.
- Let majority rule. Base your answers on what’s most applicable to you most of the time. If two options both seem to fit, an “if I could only pick one forever, which would it be?” approach can help.
- Don’t overthink it. There are no wrong answers if you’re being honest, so try not to argue with yourself about the “right” answer or be influenced by someone else. Most people’s initial response is solid.
With these tips in mind, you can ace our world-famous personality test! It may take you a little more or less time than average, and that’s okay. And if you get stressed while taking the test, feel free to stop and take it later instead. It’s best not to force it if you’re having an off day and not to retake the test very often.
Where to go after You Take the Personality Test - PLEASE come back and tell us your discoveries!
More information and sources:
- Check out all kinds of articles, including more in our Beginners series.
- Learn about the different personality types.
- Learn more about your type.
- Join our Community and meet others interested in personality typing.